Thursday, June 21, 2007

FO: Cabo Hoodie

I started this little hoodie 4 times before it finally worked as well as I could manage. I have no doubt this is due to my own ignorance when it comes to top-down knitting and nothing at all to do with the pattern!


The first attempt I misread the increase instruction and had to rip back to the beginning. The second attempt I realized that the neck opening was nowhere near large enough to fit over my son's ginormous head. I tried adjusting the opening on my third attempt--didn't work. So I ripped back again and voila! I have to say that I won't be making more top-down for this son since his head is so large. I prefer bottom-up for him. Go figure.

So here are the specs:

Pattern: Cabo Hoodie by Wendy Bernard of Knit & Tonic

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease in Ranch Red, almost exactly 2 balls for size 2

Needles: Size 8 Knit Picks options for 18 sts and 24 rows over 4"

Mods: I added addl stitches for the back section at cast on so it would fit over my son's head, then decreased them in the body section after the sleeve sts were put on waste yarn. I also did k2p2 ribbing instead of k1p1 and skipped the pocket since my not-quite-2-year-old would probably just rip it off while playing anyway. :-)

Started (the last time) June 18 and Finished June 21 early morning... I couldn't manage to stay up and finish the grafting last night!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

What adorable FO pictures! And a fast knit - I should make something like this for my nephew.

Bertha said...

That is SO CUTE! It looks adorable on him, great job!

Bunny Queen said...

How adorable (both sweater and child!).

Knitting sweaters for your son sounds like me knitting socks for my partner. I can only do cuff to toe socks for her or I find that the darned things are too skinny for her ankles.

Anonymous said...

So cute! And so is the sweater!

sienna said...

omg the cheeks are SO cute that I can hardly focus on the lovely sweater!