Monday, May 14, 2007

Shetland Triangle Done!

I decided that I just couldn't NOT work on the Shetland Triangle this weekend, so that's all I did. The CPH has been put to the side for now. Again.

Here are a couple of pre-blocking pictures for your amusement!



It's just about dry, but not enough to unpin it. I CANNOT wait to send it off and see how it's received!! I can say that it no longer looks like acoustic tile, but you'll have to wait for the real FO pics until it's been sent. :-)

I'm still searching for the (as-close-to-) perfect yarn to use in the shawl for my friend in AZ. I'm pretty sure it'll end up being the Handmaiden Sea Silk, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm leery because it's kinda $$ and I've read on so many blogs that it has an odor of sea water that lingers even after blocking. That kinda scares me!

Back to searching the web and LYSs for the right yarn... Have a great one!

**Edited to add: I ordered the sea silk for my friend's shawl. I hope I don't regret it, but I think it's a good decision. And on another note, I have a gmail account but I don't think I'm getting everything I should on it... Would I be horribly impatient if I sent another request to Ravelry on the off chance I have been sent an invite that hasn't made it to me?!? :-) (and yes, I do realize this is not likely... and I readily admit that I am one of the single most impatient people on this earth!!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! Can't wait to see the blocked photos!