Friday, May 11, 2007

if the sleeve fits...

I sewed the sleeve into my CPH and it fits me! It's a little bit long, but I'm happy with it. I do wish I could sew set-in style sleeves better, but it's not terrible and I can live with it. So now I need to knit the second sleeve and finish the hood and ribbing. Shouldn't take too long, if only I can stay focused on it long enough to accomplish something!

I did my speech last night and sucked dog at it. The good news is that all but 2 or 3 of the kids in the class sucked just as bad or worse than I did! :-) We all chuckled about it as we left for home. Next week is the final exam and I couldn't possibly express how happy that makes me! YIPPEE!!

As for other knitting. You know, the ADHD thing? Instead of picking up on that second sleeve I just mentioned, I opted to work more on the shawl. It's making progress quickly since I'm using a worsted weight yarn. I tend to prefer the thicker/heavier weight yarns because I don't get the impression I'll rip the yarn to shreds if I move suddenly. The lighter weight yarns make me nervous. Here's a progress shot:



It's difficult to photograph for several reasons... 1) It's eggplant-colored-- purple tone which is VERY hard to get right in pics anyway... 2) It's lace, so the texture and beauty doesn't show until it's blocked... and 3) It's gloomy-bright outside. Nuff said.

I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!

0 comments: