Monday, May 28, 2007

Lace Leaf Shawl

I finished the gift shawl last night and immediately set out to soak and block it so I can send it to my friend tomorrow. Overall I'm very happy with how it turned out and the yarn I used is wonderful and soft. It should be perfect for my friend's sensitive skin! I apologize ahead of time because the great pink color is just not apparent in these pics.


and a closer view:


Pattern: Lace Leaf Shawl by Evelyn A Clark/Fibertrends
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk in Rose, 150g (oversized) hank--used 122g total
Needles: Size 6 Knit Picks Options
Misc: I followed the pattern to a 'T' and did a total of 12 leaf lace repeats before doing the edge lace patterning. I probably should have used the suggested size 7 needles, but I was a little nervous about the larger needles with such a fine weight yarn. Pre-blocking was about 45 x 17" and after blocking it was 68 x 28"!! Quite a decent size, I think.

The only other lace project I've done, if you recall, is the Shetland Triangle and I used a worsted weight yarn on size 8s. I also didn't knit up the gauge swatch because I figured it's lace. What the hey!!

I intend to knit another Shetland Triangle in the next couple of weeks for this friend's mother, so stay tuned for that. Until that gets done, I'm hoping to do up a couple of little knits I've wanted to do for a while. Like the baby kimono from the Mason Dixon book and the baby bolero from One Skein, and a Placket neck sweater from LMKG, and my dad's scarf... the list could go on and on, but I'm not so sure I want to admit how many things I want to knit!! :-)

Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I have yet to knit a shawl.

Kelley said...

That is beautiful! I have to get my hands on some seasilk soon. Isn't lace addictive?