Sunday, April 29, 2007

Still working

I'm finally into the most difficult part of the sweater and I can say with little to no hesitation at all that

I DON'T LIKE FAIR ISLE!

I love how it looks once it's done.. and maybe if I knew what the hell I was doing it wouldn't be so much like giving birth to my children. But I know nothing. Nothing at all.

The good news is that I knew going into this project that I wasn't experienced at fair isle knitting and as such decided against a difficult pattern. I just keep reminding myself that it will be over soon.

In other news, I've been working on a Log Cabin blanket (ala Mason Dixon) using el cheapo Red Heart acrylic because 1) it's cheap! 2) they have about a zillion colors to choose from! and 3) it's machine washable!!

Here's a progress shot:


Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not very far along. We tend to watch TV after the kids are in bed, but we do so in the family room and this blanket is a bed project so it's neglected often!

And in still more news, our lillies are coming!!


We received lillies several years in a row from Grandma and decided to replant them in bigger pots... They grew and grew and branched out! When we moved into this house we decided they should be planted in the ground so they could really expand. They definitely have!! I think we started with 3 plants that each had about 2-3 stalks and we now have an entire area of different colored lillies. They're beautiful when they bloom and the blooms are HUGE!!


Here are a couple of pics of last year's blooms:




And for frame of reference, a photo of my then-18 month old daughter in the flowers:


Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine!!

0 comments: