Monday, April 9, 2007

I am still here, I promise!

I've been working feverishly on a project for someone close to my dad. I had promised to make something for her and just couldn't quite find the right thing to fit. I haven't actually met her in person, but have spoken with her on the phone a couple of times and get the feeling I kinda know her already! Anyway, I kept finding projects that I thought would suit her well--her personal style, work environment, etc and when I would go to find the right color of yarn for it, the bottom would fall out. I wanted the item--sweater or cardigan--to be as close to perfect as possible. So much so that I was beating myself up about it. Then I finally realized a few things: 1) This woman is so generous and forgiving and kind that ANY project will be well received, 2) I don't think it's possible to create anything perfectly, and 3) I'm being WAAAAAAAY too OCD about my choice!! :-)

I don't have any knitting photos for you today because I'm not done with the gift yet and she might just be lurking here... I wouldn't want to give it away before she opens the box I have yet to send! So I'll leave you with what I think is a cute shot I got while on vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pic! But so, so cruel... (sigh)