Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Chugging away

So I still haven't reworked the collar on my baby-gift-to-be. I figured I would take the time to finish the project I had FINALLY decided on for my dad's friend while I cooled off at the irritation of the Debbie Bliss pattern errors. I worked like a madwoman on the sweater and when it was all said and done, I really shoulda listened to my gut and knitted the thing circularly in one piece. Really really really shoulda done that. But even if I had done that, I wouldn't have been able to avoid the problem that sent this project to the frog pond. The fronts were curling in (because of stockinette stitch) and my I-cord (that was supposed to fix this rolling issue) didn't keep the rolling at bay. The only way you would have been able to tell this sweater actually had front pieces is if it were ALWAYS zipped. Darn it!

I have little knitting to show for this past week... or two. I decided to rip the sweater and it's now sitting on the dining table in yarn cakes waiting to become something else. I'm almost done with yet another BSJ using some yarn I bought from the Destash blog. LOVE that blog!! I'll have pics soon, I promise.

0 comments: