Monday, March 12, 2007

FINISHED!

The blanket is finally finished! Here it is, in all it's glory:



All told, it's about 60" wide and 50" high. I used Lion Brand Pound of Love in white, purple, light pink, and turquoise and could probably make at least 2-3 of the same blanket from one ball of each color! Definitely a bargain, that's for sure! I got about 4.25 stitches per inch on size 9 knitpicks options needles and knit over 220 sts and 250 rows, bordered by 10sts/rows of garter all around. Used a slip stitch crochet join for the two strips and a single crochet border.

I cast on for this little gem on March 9:



Then it sat in the car for a couple days. I decided I wanted to see what it looks like finished, so I'm working diligently on it. It's the February Practically Seamless Baby Sweater from EZ's Knitter's Almanac using Lion Brand Baby Soft in pastel pink on size 6 knitpicks options. I'm not sure of my gauge because I'm not knitting it for anyone in particular--I just want to see the finished product and be able to say "I did that!"

More coming soon, I hope!

0 comments: