Sunday, June 24, 2007

A couple of FOs

I finally finished my dad's scarf, but I can't really post pics here because he could stop by and the whole birthday surprise would be ruined. To make matters worse, his birthday isn't until November. Stay tuned--I'll post sometime this year, I promise! For those of you (you know, all 2 readers!!) who are part of Ravelry, stop by my projects page and take a look--there are several pics there. For the other person who reads this, I followed the One Row Handspun Scarf pattern as posted by the Yarn Harlot herself using some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. I added a couple of stitches since my dad wanted a bit larger a scarf, and used up 2 hanks of the Lorna's. Size 8 Addis. Started it in late April--embarrassed to admit that!!

I also buckled down and finished a pair of socks using some Lion Brand Magic Stripes I've had in the stash for a loooooong time. I thought they'd knit up into some fun, funky colored socks that wear like iron, but instead they knit up into what I consider the FUGLIEST pair of socks I've ever encountered. They'll presumably still wear like iron, though. What can I say? They were cheap. And they used up stash yarn. Bonus!

Anyway, here is a pic of the socks for chuckles:


Take care and enjoy your Sunday!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm not sure if I'm one of those 2 readers or not! ;) I found you through CPH and also love your baby stuff. I think the socks are very fun. I know my daughter would love to have a pair that crazy!

Kelley said...

I actually kind of like the socks -- to be worn under a pair of jeans. The colors are fun, even though they are a fraternal pair.

Anonymous said...

I love those socks!!! And I'm glad to be one of your readers!