Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tomten-In-Progress


It's coming along nicely, though the hood is going to have to be ripped and re-woven! When I kitchenered the hood together this morning, it didn't look nearly as terrible as it does in this photo! Guess that's what early morning (non)lighting will do, huh? I'm thinking that I maybe did the grafting on the wrong side of the hood, but I'm really not sure. I can kitchener pretty well in stockinette, but I've never done so on garter. Live and learn, right?

Anyway, I've got the rest of this first sleeve, the entire second sleeve and the i-cord contrast to do before I'll consider it done. I do plan on sewing my first ever zipper in this coat, but intentions are just that until they've been completed! Unfortunately, the Tomten will have to rest for a week while we're on Spring Break. I may regret this decision, but I don't want to be working on a woolen item while I'm on the beach!! :-) I only hope I can finish at least the first sleeve before we leave. Time will tell.

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Thanks for the comment about my bog jacket (at kknit.blogspot.com)! I think it took about 14 balls of elann Peruvian to make a women's medium. My grandmother loves it and wears it everyday, so it's definitely worth it. And all the garter stitch goes quickly. Your Tomten looks great -- I can't wait until there are some kids around that I can knit for....

Kelley