Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Is it Spring yet?

I'm into the second strip of color for the second half of the blankie:



It's actually not taking too terribly long to knit, but it sure feels like it's been forever!

I gave up on adjusting the EZ Practically Seamless Baby Sweater so that it might fit E. I may try again at a later date, but for now it's off the drawing board. In the larger size, that is. I still intend to make at least one in the called-for size. I might make two for the twin girls of a friend in Iowa. Maybe.

I thought I'd try to 'write' a pattern for a decorative little sweater from scratch for my E. I'm not sure whether it'll actually be my pattern if it works out--I am loosely following the Handy Book of Sweater Patterns instructions, but adjusting them because the smallest size the book has is a 26" chest. My little girl would be swimming in that! So I am adjusting the smallest size and also adding a couple of elements--a stitch design from the Big Book of Knitting Stitches, a minor adjustment to the neckline, etc. At what point does something become your own? I may never know! :-)

And now, I'm headed back to the blankie.

0 comments: