Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Duck and Gift Set

Here is the completed duck toy:



The duck toy was made following a pattern from the Knitted Toys book by Fiona McTague using Red Heart Sport in yellow and pumpkin on size 3 needles. I used the entire skein of yellow and about half, maybe a bit less of the pumpkin. He's a little wonky, but I like 'im!

And here is the set together:



Bunny Buddy following the Lion Brand pattern using Bernat Cottontots in Blue Berry color, Baby Surprise Jacket and Stay On Booties using Bernat Softee Baby in His Jeans Ombre color, and the duck as described above. I hope the recipient likes this stuff as much as I do! I like the theme idea--duck buttons on the jacket, duck toy, duck bag, etc. I'm planning a similar one in a bear theme for an acquaintance who's not finding out the gender of the baby-to-be until D-Day.

0 comments: