Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Progress shot

The Rowan Wool Cotton is becoming a blanket for E. I'm following the Hearts and Stars Blanket pattern from Adorable Knits for Tots--I just subbed the yarn. And skipped the stars part because my little princess likes "pink hearts, no stars, just hearts." :-)

I had never felt or seen the wool cotton, so it was a blind choice. I think it is working really well! The yarn is very soft. A bit hard on my hands because it's 50% cotton, but that's more me than anything. It's definitely a softer cotton than I've used before--I just don't like knitting with cotton at all.



I'm not sure how big this blanket will be since I'm working at a tighter gauge than the pattern calls for and I swapped out yarns. I have 10 balls of the wool cotton and the pattern calls for 14 of the Rowan Handknit Cotton DK. I'm hoping to get 5 squares wide and at least 5 high, maybe six--the pattern calls for 7 high so I might be a little shy.

Once this blankie is done, my oldest has requested one in a pirate theme. I can't quite get specifics out of him so I can design one, but I think we might end up skipping it altogether. Attention span, ya know? Time will tell.

0 comments: