Friday, January 12, 2007

My foray into knitting and blogging!

So I'm not a "real" blogger, I'm just faking it so I have a central location for my knitting tidbits. I started knitting in late 2004 when I bought a learn-to-knit-kit by Lion Brand at Joann. I had never even set foot inside a Joann before, let alone a brand spanking new Joann Superstore, so I had no idea what I was in for. I had a 40% off coupon in my hot little hands that was begging to be spent. I had no idea what to buy, but I wasn't gonna leave empty handed. I spotted the kit and I was off. The deep end. I just didn't know it yet.


I since have learned lots of techniques and perfected none. I have fun knitting, but am not often truly please with the end results. Probably because I'm impatient. Very impatient. And I get bored easily. Ahhh... My poor kids got those traits from me. Sad but true.
Anyway, I will try to post things as I finish them now and perhaps throw in a few older FOs along the way for fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

For now, here is a pic of my oldest modeling one of my first FOs, the Bill sweater in Debbie Bliss's Junior Knits book using Knit Picks Merino Style.



And for some older FOs, check out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94024423@N00/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you hit the nail on the head with this post: women will buy something just because it was on sale and say that saved a lot of money whereas a man would just say a lot more could have been saved by not buying anything.

but at least in this case it turned out to be a good investment... the toy doll in the next post is adorable... sort of reminds me of the claymation mr. bill...